NEW TO BELLYDANCE?
If you’re visiting us for the first time, we’re so happy you chose BellyUp! We understand you may feel a bit daunted at first if you’re new to Bellydance or maybe a bit shy about meeting a new dance community. Whatever your dance skill level, you’ve come to a great studio that will welcome you and encourage you all the way. We were all Beginners at some point!
BellyUp is known to have one of the best beginner level curriculums you’ll find anywhere. We make learning fun, exciting, challenging, motivating and safe. You’ll build a solid foundation on which to advance your Bellydance practice, should you wish to take your dance to the next level. Our training is based on progressive levels to allow all students the opportunity to go deeper into the dance form; even learn to perform should that be on your bucket list! What is most important is that you build a solid foundation from which to grow your dance skills. There is no rush to advance. Learn at your own pace and learn thoroughly before you take on more challenging levels.
- Our Bellydance Basics course is called (Foundation 1) and is typically offered as a 12-week intensive or a 6 week crash course. You can take 1 or more courses each week depending on how fast you want to progress. It's up to you!
- Arrive 15 minutes before your very first class so you become familiar with the location, the studio and have time to get set-up for your first class. Check in at the front desk as soon as you arrive to fill out a waiver form.
- We appreciate punctuality out of respect for the entire class. Please arrive 10 minutes before the start of your class and always sign in at the front desk.
- You will sweat in the class so bring a bottle of water and a towel if you need. Bottled water is also for sale at the studio.
- Wear leggings and a tank top and please bring a scarf to tie around your hips. Avoid baggy clothes where your Instructor cannot see how your body is moving. We dance bare foot or with dance slippers or jazz sneakers. We also sell hip scarves.
- Change rooms are available. Take your handbag with you on to the dance floor and place off to the side. We recommend keeping valuables in your car. We do not have lockers.
- Introduce yourself to your Instructor. Let her know of any health or physical issues she should be aware of.
- Get to know the other students! Before or after your class, take time to introduce yourself to those in your class. Everyone loves to chat and this is the perfect chance to make connections, laugh, talk, and share about your bellydance experiences.
- Listen to your body and go at your own pace. This is important! If you need to sit out for any reason, feel free to take a short break whenever needed.
- If you would like private lessons to work on aspects you find you are not getting fully in class just let your Instructor know and we can arrange some private assistance for you.
- Everyone learns differently! We realize people learn at a different pace and in different ways. Your Instructor will always ask if there are questions so don't hold back if you're not understanding a move or a concept. She will be happy to break it down for you in a different way.